Wellbeing Support Worker – WitneyApply now
We’re recruiting Wellbeing Support Workers in Witney.
BelleVie Wellbeing Support Workers do whatever it takes to support people to live well at home and be a part of their community. While we offer practical care such as personal care or meal preparation, we also take the time to get to know people’s interests and aspirations, in order to build a strong relationship with them.
We welcome people who have never done care work before – we will provide you with all of the training and support you need to work differently, as the Wellbeing Support Worker role is not the same as traditional care.
Why join our team:
- So, why join our team…
- Part time and full time roles available, £11ph
- Previous experience not essential, full comprehensive paid training will be provided
- Guaranteed monthly hours and salary, with the full shift paid ( including gaps and travel time)
- Accredited Living Wage Employer
- Mileage Allowance at 45p per mile
- 30 days annual leave entitlement per year
- Paid weekly hours for team meetings and buddy time
- Personal development opportunities
- Part of self managing local teams in your area
- Paid DBS
What we offer:
- You will be part of a team that makes the decisions that matter together
- You will develop through feedback and recognition
- You will have a balance of structure and the space to be creative
- You will feel like you belong and be connected to your team.
- You will be inspired to bring your whole self to work.
- You will be supported to focus on your own wellbeing.
- You will have a range of opportunities to advance your career
- You will be supported to develop your strengths, to learn and to flourish
- You will see the impact and difference you make by working with purpose
- You will be part of changing the future of care
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop great relationships with people using our services and colleagues, treating everyone with respect, kindness and generosity.
- Provide practical support to help people live well at home, in the way that the person wants. This will include help with personal care (for example getting in and out of bed, washing, bathing, dressing), providing meals, support with taking medication, looking after the home, and getting out and about. Whatever the person needs, when they need it, in the way they want it.
- Be part of a self-organised team. This means working together, taking different roles, and creatively solving problems together. You will provide support and cover for each other, give each other feedback and celebrate successes as well. You will have a Buddy, and you are supported by a Registered Manager too.
- Manage your time well, and use it in the best way to support people to achieve their outcomes.
- Bring your whole self to work – your talents, interests, and passions. We will support you to pay attention to your wellbeing, as well as the wellbeing of your team and the people you support.
- Collaborate with the person’s family, friends, as well as any colleagues from health and social care, to make sure that our work is coordinated and effective.
- Keep all information up to date – the people you support, and your teams.
- Provide safe, person-centered, compassionate care and work within the team agreements and how BelleVie works, these are all described in your handbook.
- Be respectful of people’s homes and possessions, and any equipment.
- Keep learning and developing individually and as a team so we can keep improving how we work and flourish together.
Qualifications and Skills
We don’t ask for specific qualifications, we are looking for people with the right values for this work – we can teach you everything you need to know. We are looking for people who can drive and have a car
This is the kind of person we are looking for – could this be you?
You are :
- Warm, friendly, reliable, full of energy, a great listener, flexible, a good problem-solver, helpful, honest, trustworthy, someone with a ‘can-do’ attitude, confident, self-motivated, caring, generous and kind.
What matters to you:
- People: you are a people person, you love getting to know other people, spending time with people and working as part of a team. You would describe your family, friends and neighbours as very important in your life.
- Your community: you enjoy knowing your local neighbourhood, and being connected to what is happening locally – whether that is as a member of local groups, or just being in touch with your neighbours.
- Making a difference: you love to know that you are making a difference in people’s lives, and making a positive difference in the world, however small this may be.
- Trying new things and being up for a challenge: you love having a go, trying something new, are up for learning new technology, and having variety in your life and work.
- Being busy: you are not one for standing still or being bored. You love being on the go. You have lots of interests and hobbies (when you have the time!).
- Being flexible and using your initiative: you would hate to do exactly the same job in the same way every day and love variety and you are a bit of a risk taker.
- Taking responsibility: you are happiest working in a supportive and connected team making decisions together and trying new ideas.
This is how we will support you to do a great job and make a difference :
- You will be part of a small self-organised team with no more than ten or eleven other people, who you will get to know well.
- You spend time together to think, plan and make decisions in team meetings every week
- We provide you with the right training and support that you need to do this –brilliantly!
- You will have a Wellbeing Workers Handbook that has all the information about being a self-organised team.
- You will not have a traditional manager, but you will still have lots of support and direction, and a Registered Manager to coach you when you need it.
- You will have a buddy and support to help you learn and develop in your role.
- You support each other in the team by getting and giving feedback to your colleagues, we provide you with a process to help you do this, so that you all feel justly proud of the service you provide and continue to grow, developing and getting better all the time.