Wellbeing Support Worker – Jericho/Summertown, Oxford – Walking/Cycling TeamApply now
BelleVie Care – we’re seeking extra special Care Workers to support people to live well at home.
Here at BelleVie Care, we are looking for people who know how a simple cuppa can warm the heart. That the power of a compliment can make someone’s day. By just holding a hand, teasing out a smile, or sharing a laugh can mean the world to someone who is alone or living with challenges you and I know nothing about.
It’s this compassion and hidden talent that you don’t think are worth putting on a cv, the parts of you that never really get to shine in your current job, the skills you don’t even know are perfect for care, that we seek out so we can ensure that the people we support can live their best lives at home.
We don’t just see the value in the expected, we see value in the things other people overlook, we see you for you.
If you’re someone whose warmth and kindness shines through, and who embraces their local community spirit we’d love to hear from you. Because, these are the things we value too. Be part of the community that values all of you. Be part of BelleVie Care.
Caring is a value and a vocation.
Find a career that values you.
Bring your whole self to work #Belleviecare
What can you expect when you join the BelleVie Care community?
Like other home care providers, we offer help around the home, personal care, as well as transportation, companionship, and plenty besides! But that’s where the similarities with other providers ends. The best way for you to find out how, is to apply and have a chat. But, to give you an idea of what we’re about, here are a few of our favourite points of difference:
- Pay for all your hours – Many of our Wellbeing Support Workers are with us because they love what they do, but we don’t use that as an excuse to cut costs. And unlike other providers, we pay for all of the hours you’re working – not just the hours you spend in someone’s home
- No experience necessary – Previous care experience isn’t required, full training will be provided by experienced carers. We hire people based on values, personality and attitude rather than experience
- Self managed teams – Our close-knit care teams are fully self-managed, meaning you get to make your own decisions about the people you support, but have the backing of peers
- Qualifications support – We’ll help you train towards your NVQ if you’d like to learn and grow your skills
- Joining a community of change – Here at BelleVie Care we are committed to change. Our vision is a society which values fulfilling careers in care, so every member of the care ecosystem is supported through meaningful, reciprocal relationships.
Requirements of the role
- People we support will be a walking/biking distance from one another. We will provide bikes, but we do require that Wellbeing Support Workers feel fit enough to commute on a bike between visits (up to 15 min bike ride between visits).
- No care experience is required, full training is provided
- Compassion, respect and a desire to support people in your community
- We’re looking for people who can work on alternate weekends, we split shifts up into 5 hour blocks (generally 7.30/8am-1pm and/or 4pm-9pm) it means that you can find a healthy work-life balance
What We Offer
- Real Living Wage employer, we pay you for Full Shifts (not just contact time) – £13 per hour for time spent supporting people in their homes and £11 per hour for the rest of your time – those hours between visits, when you’re travelling, training, running rotas, and connecting with your team.
- 45p per mile mileage
- Weekly Paid Team Meeting and buddy time
- Full-time (36.5 hours), part-time (11.5-30.5 hours) or flexi (zero hours) roles available
- 30 days annual leave inclusive of public holidays (for Full Time workers, pro-rata for Part Time) + your Birthday off work
- A supportive environment, working in a team with a variety of skills and experience who will enable you to be the best you can
- Monthly Wellness Activities and Support
- Referral scheme
- Funded Blue Light Card membership
- We’ll help you train towards your NVQ if you want to grow your skill sets in care
- We’ll help you launch your own linked enterprise
- Additional voluntary training courses
We don’t provide visa sponsorship.
What kind of things would I be doing?
Light cleaning, laundry, shopping, meal preparation, medication, personal care (supporting someone to get dressed, toileted, washing and bathing), attending medical appointments, day centres, appointments and social activities.
What are the career prospects?
We’ll support you in your growth & development every step of the way. We have Community Connectors and Thrive with BelleVie colleagues who started their careers with us as care workers, many of whom came to us with no care experience.
Would I need to do personal care?
Personal care is part of the role, but you would get plenty of training. If you’d like to find out more about what personal care is you can visit our blog post here
Do I need my own car?
Yes, you will require your own, or access to a car that is MOT’d and Insured for business use.
How much driving will I be required to do?
That will depend on the team you join, but as a rule we try to plan our rota’s so that there isn’t more than a 30 minutes drive between each of the people we support. We pay for your time and mileage whilst driving between visits.
What is the recruitment process?
Our recruitment process involves a short conversation with our Recruitment Lead, followed by an online video workshop with our Development Coaches for the region. The final stage would be a shadow shift, shadowing one of our current Wellbeing Support Workers, so you have a chance to see if the actual role is a good fit for you.